Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tougher to Lose

This article has been edited and included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3; copies are available print on demand through Amazon here, and I offer an ebook version in pdf format at the Legendary Lead Company here.

If you don't want the book but you enjoy this article, please consider supporting the Blog project here.

I need mitten clips for my loupes when I go to shows. I usually take four or so with me to every show, becuase I have a habit of getting distracted and leaving them on other dealers’ tables, or loaning them out, or just generally putting them down somewhere – anywhere – other than where I think I did.  

I don’t actually lose too many of them anymore, but there for a while I was buying them by the dozen, like a bad golfer buys balls. After a couple weeks of unpacking after a show, they all seem to find there way back to the loupe corral.

These might be a better alternative:


Although the clip looks like a Parker, it’s just a litlte bit cheesy – and the plastic is just a little bit different consistency than a Parker. At some point I did find what I was convinced was a genuine Parker cap with the bushing that secures the magnifier screwed into one end, but I can’t find it right now – it’s probably with one of those loupes that won’t be back until the cows come home.


I’d always wondered what purpose that bushing might have served, and even if this isn’t a genuine Parker artifact, finally finding something that made some sense of it gave me just a little bit of satisfaction thinking this might have been it. And then came the Philadelphia Mother Lode, which has me thinking a little more about these:


Better quality and a different color.

No comments: