Sunday, January 4, 2015

Pardon the Accommodation

As Janet and I walked around the Springfield Antique Show, during one of those "Extravaganza" weekends that usually turns into a two-day affair, she was a few booths ahead of me when she suddenly came back to say she was going up to the end of this row, then turning down to the left, then heading over to the food vendors, then doing the other side of the fairgrounds . . .

I’m exaggerating. But she did come back to tell me what her plans were for the next few minutes, because she knew I’d be held up for awhile. She was right, of course . . . that large cardboard box full of mechanical pencils did require some in-depth attention for a bit, while I carefully went through it.

Most of what was in there was advertising pencils, and most of it was garden-variety Autopoints – nothing to write home (or here) about, and since it was early in the day I didn’t want to blow most of the cash right away. I picked a couple dozen of the more interesting ones out for the time being, got a price for the rest of the box in case I had second thoughts, and moved on. I did stop back on the way back out to the truck at the end of the day, and both the dealer and his box had moved on. Yes, that gives me a little bit of a twinge wondering what I might have missed . . . but I don’t think I missed much.

Here’s one of the things I brought home from that box:




To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.


No comments: