Sunday, January 25, 2015

I Keep Meaning To Do This

On page 116 of The Catalogue, you’ll find a picture of some interesting Parker pencils which I refer to as "Parker’s Weird Utility Pencil."


Somewhere along the line, I learned that Parker called these the Parker 100 - not to be confused with the company’s recent recycling of that number about 10 years ago. I meant to mention that here, and I was so convinced I had done so that when it came up in an online discussion a couple years ago, I tore my hair out trying to find where I’d written about it.

To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.


1 comment:

Chthulhu said...

Thank you, Jon and Michael. I've been calling these 100s as well, I *thought* based on something you, Jon, had written.

An eBay listing I saw a couple of days ago, from a seller purportedly in Janesville, insisted that these were called "WORK" pencils and suggested that they were only available to Parker factory staff.

I wonder where that came from ...