Thursday, December 11, 2014

Stepping It Up

Well, at least it didn’t take me a year.

On one of the online forums late last December, one of the users had found an "Enduro" fountain pen and requested information. I said that I thought the Enduro was an Eclipse brand, and I promised to come up with some photographs to show why I believed that.

I then promptly forgot to do it.

So at long last, here are a Trupoint, an Enduro, a Moderne and a Marxton together:


I’d noted the similarities between the Trupoint and Moderne clips here before (http://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2012/08/first-blood.html), but I still hadn’t made the connection with Marxton. As for the Enduro, I’ve had it laying around the museum for a couple years, but it wasn’t until I saw the Enduro pen in that online post that I thought to pull it and do some comparing. Note that while the four have slightly different trim configurations, the clips with those stepped upper sections are identical . . .

To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.

No comments: