Friday, September 12, 2014

One Creepy Little Dude

When this thing showed up in an online auction last week, I felt compelled to bid on it.


I didn’t bid because it was a Sheaffer that would fill a spot in my collection, and I didn’t bid because it was in the best condition. I bid on it because of that frame welded onto the clip, with a weird little guy in what looks like a red nightshirt and yellow cap waving at me. The seller said that his sash read "Hospitality," but nothing in my preliminary poking about turned up anything that made sense about this.

There just has to be a story behind this one, I thought.  When the pencil arrived and I examined it more closely, the word imprinted on the little guy’s nightshirt wasn’t "hospitality," but "Hotpoint":


To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.





No comments: