Friday, April 12, 2013

The Long-Awaited Laughlin Article

I’ll admit I’ve been dreading writing this article.

Back when I posted my report on the Michigan Pen Show last summer, I posted a picture of this Laughlin set I picked up as a teaser, promising to write more about it later:


I knew that Laughlin is a "cult" brand – a relatively obscure manufacturer whose devotees are really, really, REALLY fanatical. And what have I learned?:

Never tease a cult.

To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 2, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laughlin also had involvement with Betzler & Wilson (of Akron). My recollection is that Betzler assigned a patent to Laughlin (but it may have been the other way around). I was never able to get back to this to learn more.

Dave