Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sharpening My Understanding of the Spear

When Arthur Cox met me at the Philadelphia Pen Show with his boxes of goodies in hand, I found out just how little I actually knew about the Eagle Spear and its variations.

The most "normal" of the Spears Arthur had were these, one in black with gilt bands and the other in the more uncommon red or "russet."


To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 2, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.



1 comment:

Marie Brannon said...

Greetings from Alvin, Texas. I've just run across an Eagle Pencil Company Leopard #827 in a burgundy color with white (?) polka dots. It also says PAT SEP 22 1908. It contains some old lead and still writes.

This seems like an interesting hobby y'all have.