Tuesday, February 5, 2013

All I Knew About These Was Just the Tip of the . . . Spear

Back on March 29, 2012, I wrote an article here about the Eagle Spear (http://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2012/03/award-for-least-inspiring-patent-goes.html ), showing of a few examples of the Spear in different configurations.  I thought I had the topic covered.


By the time the Ohio Show rolled around, I’d found a couple of red examples, including the one featured in the "Russet" article here a week ago. A couple weeks after that, Don Lamkin sent me an email to see if I’d like to look at an Eagle "Trumpet" he’d found that was a little rough but still kind of neat. I’d seen a reference to the Trumpet somewhere in The American Stationer and was eager to see it, so Don sent it to me:


Yeah, it is a little dented up, but that’s ok with me – it was the first time I’d seen an all gold plated variation on the Spear, complete with the September 22, 1908 patent date:


To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 2, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.



No comments: