Thursday, December 22, 2016

This Would Have Been Nice to Show You

This article has been edited and included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 4; copies are available print on demand through Amazon here, and I offer an ebook version in pdf format at the Legendary Lead Company here.

If you don't want the book but you enjoy this article, please consider supporting the Blog project here.

One of the biggest messes I’ve written about here was spurred by my research into a pencil marked “Bonnwear,” which led me into a tangled web of connections between several manufacturers, including Eclipse, Diamond Point and Sheaffer (the following day’s installment dragged the enigmatic “Ever-Rite” into the mix, as well - the story started at 
http://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2014/10/wear-it-well.html).

No, I haven’t sorted things out any more clearly than I did at the time.  But I did find something that would have made for a more convincing visual aid for part of that story.

I don’t think I left any question that pens and pencils marked “Safety” on the clip were made by Eclipse – not with the trademark registration and advertisements included in that prior article.  But what I lacked was an example, such as this one:


This one turned up at the Ohio Show:


And when it is poised alongside a Fin-Sharp (named by the clever founder of Eclipse, Marx Finstone) and an Eclipse, these pictures could have accomplished what quite a few more words did before:



I know.  I need a gold filled Eclipse.  Sheesh - call me OCD, will you?

No comments: