Thursday, September 11, 2014

Best Buck (Less a Penny) I Ever Spent

As I’m dusting off the blog and getting back into the swing of things, there’s no pipeline of articles on the shelf ready to go. So as long as I’m doing articles in "real time," I thought it would be fitting to write about the item that arrived in the mail just yesterday:



This little gem was in a lot of five items in an online auction, and it was the one thing in the bunch that caught my eye. With time winding down and no takers at the opening bid of 99 cents, I figured what the heck – at that price, I’ll pay the shipping just to see what this thing is. I bid a dollar, but that last penny proved unnecessary when I was the only taker.

To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 3, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.


1 comment:

mark_line said...

WOW!! an amazing piece of history. What diameter lead does it hold?