Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Bug

Early metal Redipoint pencils, made by Brown & Bigelow of St. Paul, Minnesota, are like Sheaffer pencils – they are so good that they are easy to take for granted.  I have a couple dozen of them laying about, most of which came to me because they were included with the pencil I was really trying to buy.  While I haven’t gone through them to start categorizing them in detail – yet – they check in but they don’t check out because I appreciate how well they work.

At the Raleigh Show, however, this one caught my eye and I bought it on purpose:


To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 2, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.



2 comments:

Chthulhu said...

Jon,

ALl the metal Redipoints I have do store spare leads in the barrel; they are just loose and rest against the collar near the tip end of the threaded sleeve.

Mike Hungerford

Chthulhu said...

Addendum:

Only one of mine bears the patent date, and it, too, lacks the spare lead sockets.

Mike