Monday, March 18, 2013

The Clips Tell the Story

Note: this is a followup to two articles posted at https://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2013/02/death-and-transfiguration-part-i-death.html and https://leadheadpencils.blogspot.com/2013/03/death-and-transfiguration-part-ii.html)

.As I was writing the articles on the demise of the Tri-Pen Manufacturing Company (makers of the original Triad) a few weeks ago, I was at a severe disadvantage. Not only was I lacking an example of the Triad, but I’d never even been close enough to one to handle one. I was on the phone with Joe Nemecek several times, asking him to look at this or that on his Triads, to make sure that everything I said about the pencils themselves was accurate.

I asked Joe to bring his Triads to the Baltimore Show for me to photograph separately from the later triangular pencils made by the Triangle Pen Company, because future editions of The Catalogue will have separate entries for the two types:


To learn more, this full article is included in The Leadhead's Pencil Blog Volume 2, available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and everywhere else you buy books, or you can order a copy signed by yours truly through the Legendary Lead Company HERE.



No comments: